Liquor Liability

Liquor Liability

What is insured?

We are insured for:

Insurance coverage provides protection for claims associated with eight licensed university locations:

  • The University Club
  • Michigan League
  • Michigan Union
  • Business School Executive Residence
  • Inglis House
  • Oxford Conference Center
  • Pierpont Commons
  • Flint Campus University Center

The university also provides coverage at university-sponsored receptions where liquor is served (not sold).

What do I do if I have a claim?

  • Report the loss to Risk Management Services by completing a Complete a Claim Submission Form:
  • All incidents involving personal injury or property damage must be reported to the Department of Public Safety and Security immediately.

    Is there a deductible?

    No deductible is charged.

    Other Information

    • A 24 Hour Liquor License must be arranged through the Office of the General Counsel for "cash bar" or similar receptions serving beer or wine.
    • The Department of Public Safety and Security must be notified of any reception where liquor will be served. Additional notification procedures apply to functions involving University Hospitals.