The Reporting area compiles all external financial reporting to various sponsoring agencies on a quarterly, semi-annual, annual and final basis. In addition, the Reporting area ensures that all sponsored projects are inactivated in a timely manner. External financial reporting includes the following activities:
- Compiling an annual and final A-21 report for federally sponsored projects to verify that certain restricted expenses are in accordance with OMB Circular A-21 guidelines and the sponsor approved budget.
- Analysis of charges after the project's end date to validate if amounts should be encompassed in the final report.
- Performing an annual and final cost share review that illustrates the departmental contribution on behalf of the University of Michigan.
- Adjusting encumbrances that are applicable to the grant period but have not been reflected in the University's financial system as of the date the report is being submitted to the sponsor.
- Follow up with department administrators, ORSP, and sponsors regarding the status of pending extensions of grants and contracts.
Address, Phone, Fax and Email:
The University of Michigan
5000 Wolverine Tower
3003 South State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1287
Fax: (734) 647-1932
Please see our Sponsored Programs Organization Chart for all staff members.