- Financial Analysis
- Financial Operations
- Internal Controls
- Procurement Services
- How to buy
- How to pay
- Travel and expense
- Property Control
- Property Disposition
- Space Analysis
- Information for suppliers
- MSupplier Portal
- News and Events
- Sponsored Programs
- Treasurer's Office
At times a personal vehicle may be used in order to save time, transport equipment or reduce costs when several people are traveling together on university business travel. Guidelines for reimbursement are as follows:
Effective February 1, 2014 the mileage reimbursement rate will change to 56.0 cents per mile.
Mileage reimbursement may not exceed the maximum allowable rate for federally sponsored programs, and is limited to the amount of coach airfare.
- Tolls and reasonable parking charges will be reimbursed in addition to the mileage allowance.
- Fuel costs are included in the per-mile reimbursement rate. If you request reimbursement for mileage you will not be reimbursed for fuel costs.
- When claiming reimbursement for mileage, the following information must be included: date(s) of travel, origin, destination, business purpose and miles traveled.
The university generally does not reimburse local in-town mileage (i.e., travel between university buildings on the same campus for meetings), parking/tolls or commuting costs (i.e., the costs associated with driving a car between home and the normal place of work or business). However, detail on the process for requesting exceptions to the policy appears below:
- Exceptions due to job requirements (where travel is extensive and intrinsic to the type of work the employee is expected to do) may be made with approval from the appropriate senior university official (dean, director, or other higher administrative authority), and with notice to the Director of Procurement Services.
- When submitting an expense report in the Concur travel and expense management system, an explanation and rationale for local mileage reimbursement must be entered at the expense line in the comment field.