Do you need a new "smart" Mcard?
You will need a new smart Mcard to enter campus facilities after-hours. Most campus buildings will require a smart Mcard by the end of this year (residence halls not affected). Future email and/or other communication will be sent to inform building users when new smart card readers will be activated.
Replace your Mcard if either:
- Your Mcard is scheduled to expire this year
- Your Mcard does NOT have any of the items circled in red below
Old skeleton key image next to your picture on the front side of the Mcard.
Upside down characters above the magnetic strip on the backside of your card
Do NOT replace your Mcard if your Mcard has any of the markings above:
- New Mcards have the skeleton key image next to your picture and should work in campus buildings you are authorized to access.
- Health System proximity Mcards have upside down characters above the magnetic stripe on the backside of the Mcard. Health System proximity Mcards WILL also work in campus buildings you are authorized to access.
Where to get your new smart Mcard
Drop by an Mcard office to get a new smart Mcard. No fee when you trade your old Mcard for a new smart Mcard. $20 fee if you do not turn in your current Mcard. New picture taken if your current photo is outdated or does not have close resemblance to your current appearance.
- Mcard Center - Student Activities Bldg., Room 1011 Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM, Mon-Fri
- Central Campus Rec Bldg. Hours: contact 763-3804
- Pierpont Commons, Room B430 Hours: contact 763-6294
- Wolverine Tower, Room G250 Hours: 8 AM - 4:30 PM, Mon-Fri
- Contact the building administrator for questions/issues relating to access of a particular building.
- Contact the Mcard Center 936-2273 for questions relating to cards.