TSI USA: How are TSI USA fees applied?
Concur works in sync with U-M’s designated travel agency, TSI USA. Each initial reservation generates a $7 or $18 fee. TSI USA depend upon the order in which you make your reservations, and if you group your reservation pieces together, as well as when a flight is booked in the reservation process. For example:
• Online airfare reservation (with or without hotel/car) = $7
• Agent-initiated and completed airfare reservation (with or without hotel/car) = $18
• Online car-only/hotel-only reservations = $7
• Agent-initiated and completed car-only or hotel-only reservation = $7
• After-hours* emergency agent service call = $22, plus applicable agent-initiated booking fees noted above
Note: To avoid incurring additional charges, book airfare first, then hotel and/or car rental as needed. If you book hotel or car rental first, then add airfare, an additional fee will be assessed. Hotel and/or car rental can be added to an existing reservation, thus no additional fee. Airfare cannot be added to an existing reservation and results in a second reservation with an additional fee. (TSI USA agency information and fees are also available on the Travel and Expense web page.)
*After-hours are defined as 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. M-F, (EST) and 8 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Monday on weekends and all day on holidays. Agents do not charge fees for questions (non-booking calls) during regular hours.