What if my Mcard does not work somewhere?

Depending on what your card will not do will depend on how the problem is corrected.

Below are some of the most common problems, but not all, Ann Arbor cardholders experience along with instructions for a possible resolution. Please note that EXPIRED Mcards could also cause access problems - take expired Mcard to an ID Issuing Station for replacement

All phone numbers are area code (734)

Card will not work anywhere it is swiped AND there are scratches on black stripe - take Mcard to an ID Issuing Station

Card is damaged - take Mcard to an ID Issuing Station

Cannot get into own residence hall  - contact Housing 763 -8250

Cannot get meals at a residence hall  - contact Housing 763 -8250

Cannot spend Blue Bucks funds at readers or merchants - contact Housing 763 -8250

Cannot get into campus academic buildings after hours - contact the specific building access control administrator (usually Facilities Dept)

Cannot get into recreation buildings - contact the Central Campus Rec Bldg 763-3084

Cannot access campus computing sites (ITCS) - email 4HELP@umich.edu and include your uniqname, the 16-digit ID number on the front of your card, the name of any site where you had problems gaining entry, and the date and time of your last Mcard swipe.


Library bar code unreadable - take Mcard to an ID Issuing Station

Cannot access hospital areas - contact the Key & ID Office 763-6376

Cannot access medical school buildings - e-mail Bonnie Brown bgbrown@umich.edu with 16 digit card #, name, and location of access problem

Cannot access North Campus Research Complex areas - contact the NCRC Mcard ID station 734 764-9004

Card will not work as ATM/debit card (must be linked to a PNC Bank account prior to usage)