TCF Bank Account & Services Information
If you already have a TCF checking account opened in Michigan, you can stop by any Michigan TCF®branch with your Mcard to convert your account to a Totally Free Mcard Checking account. TCF®will simply change the type of account you have and you can keep your same account number and checks. At the same time you will also be able to link your Mcard to your TCF bank account, allowing your Mcard to be used in ATMs around the world and as a debit card throughout the United States.
Mcard holders can take their Mcard to any Michigan TCF®Branch or the Mcard Center to link it to a new or existing TCF®Bank account. If you have a white colored Mcard, first bring it to a University ID Issuing Station to obtain a new yellow colored Mcard free of charge. The yellow card is necessary as it has the proper bank logos on the reverse.
You will be able to choose your own PIN (Personal Identification Number) which you will use at ATMs and when making debit purchases. With your Mcard linked to a TCF Bank account you can use your Mcard at any of the over 700,000 ATMs worldwide in 137 countries that have the Plus®, Visa®, American Express®, Cirrus®, or INTERLINK®logos and make debit purchases at hundreds of thousands locations all across the United States displaying the INTERLINK® logo.
TCF® Bank offers many convenient deposit options.
- Direct Deposit The electronic direct deposit of paychecks or financial aid into a TCF Bank account is set-up with the employer or financial aid provider. Ann Arbor TCF Bank branches can provide University of Michigan direct deposit forms for those who receive University of Michigan paychecks.
- TCF® Branch Network Deposits can be made at any TCF Bank branch in Michigan, Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- Free Automatic Fund Transfer TCF can arrange for the regular transfer of money from any U.S. bank (checking or savings account) to a TCF Bank account on a weekly or monthly basis. To receive an Automated Transfer Authorization Form, just stop in any TCF Bank branch or call TCF Customer Service at 1-800-823-2265.
- Bank by Mail Checks made payable to the account owner with a deposit slip can be mailed to TCF Bank, 1123 S University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
- Online Bill Pay Use another financial institution's bill pay feature to transfer money into a TCF account. To have an amount transferred, designate the TCF checking account as the "bill" to be paid. Log on to your financial institution's Web site and add a TCF checking account numbers as a bill to be paid (just as other bills are paid). Use TCF Bank, 1123 S University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 as the payee address. This service may not be available at all financial institutions.
- Wire Transfers TCF Bank can send and receive electronic wire transfers. The TCF Bank routing number is 272471548. TCF Bank charges $15.00 to process an incoming wire. Check with the sending financial institution for its outgoing wire charge.
- Western Union Send or receive money at any TCF Bank branch.
See a TCF Michigan branch for details.
Banking with TCF is now more convenient than ever. With TCF Preferred Online Banking you can:
- Check your account balances anywhere you have an Internet connection
- See your most recent transactions and up to 18 months of past transactions
- Transfer funds between qualifying accounts
- Have one consolidated statement for all your accounts
- View images of cleared checks and deposit slips
- Download account transaction history detail directly into Quicken®, Microsoft Money®, or QuickBooks®
- Create account balance alerts sent to your email address or to your email enabled wireless device
- Create personal reminders sent to your email address or to your email enabled wireless device
TCF Bank makes paying your bills online safe, easy, and convenient!
Managing your finances has never been easier or more secure. With Online Bill Payment from TCF, there are no more check writing hassles and no need to bother with stamps and envelopes. This convenient service also offers:
- eBill presentment with billing detail
- Bill delivery email alerts
- Paper bill conversion
- Ability to pay bills from your TCF account or an account from another financial institution
For additional information regarding TCF® Bank accounts and services call:
- Toll free at 1-800-TCF-BANK (1-800-823-2265)
TCF Central Campus Office
1123 S. University Ave.
Monday through Friday 9 AM-7 PM, Saturday 11 AM-4 PM
TCF Ann Arbor Main Office Other area branches
401 E. Liberty St.
Monday through Friday 8AM - 7PM , Saturday 8 AM-4 PM, Sun 11 AM-3 PM
100 Student Activities Bldg.
515 E. Jefferson St.
Monday through Friday 8 AM-5 PM