Internal Controls Gap Analyses, Written Procedures and Certification updated for FY2020 including COVID-19 updates.
The Internal Controls Annual Gap Analyses, Written Procedures and Certification Form (excel, word, and M-Reports) have been updated for FY2020. This year's process reflects a revised plan that has been adjusted given the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and the impact on the campus community. We are trying to simplify the process for this year and adjust the focus to areas of higher risk given the current environment. Even though units are not required to complete all the Gap Analyses, they are expected to have proper internal controls in place. Key highlights are as follows:
- Deleted requirement for all gap analysis/management reporting except the Employment process (added questions related to COVID-19 pay codes and exception time)
- Added question related to elimination of all non-essential expenditures
- Added question related to accuracy of COVID program code activity
- Revised Information Assurance question to focus on education and awareness of securely working remotely (resources can be found at https://safecomputing.umich.edu/it-security-professionals/it-security-program/internal-control-cert)
- Maintained question related to COI/COC
- Deleted all other questions
We plan to maintain the usual timing where official requests will be distributed near the end of August with responses due back by the end of September.
For Gap Analysis Tools (excel) and Written Procedure Templates (word) see: http://finance.umich.edu/controls/tools
For draft version of the FY2020 Certification Form see: http://finance.umich.edu/controls/certform