What is insured?
We are insured for:
Insurance coverage provides protection for claims associated with eight licensed university locations:
- The University Club
- Michigan League
- Michigan Union
- Business School Executive Residence
- Inglis House
- Oxford Conference Center
- Pierpont Commons
- Flint Campus University Center
The university also provides coverage at university-sponsored receptions where liquor is served (not sold).
What do I do if I have a claim?
- Report the loss to Risk Management Services by completing a Complete a Claim Submission Form: https://rm-umich.csc-fsg.com/UoM/(S(beppg4lrb3d4xwx0n5t3lxap))/report.aspx
- All incidents involving personal injury or property damage must be reported to the Department of Public Safety and Security immediately.
Is there a deductible?
No deductible is charged.
- A 24 Hour Liquor License must be arranged through the Office of the General Counsel for "cash bar" or similar receptions serving beer or wine.
- The Department of Public Safety and Security must be notified of any reception where liquor will be served. Additional notification procedures apply to functions involving University Hospitals.