The University of Michigan has partnered with Flywire (formerly peerTransfer) to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make payment on your student account by international wire transfer. It's fast, simple and cost effective from most all foreign countries.
- Saves money - using Flywire may save you money on bank fees and exchange rates vs. traditional bank wires. Flywire maintains a Best Price Guarantee to ensure you receive a great exchange rate.
- Simple - no more back-and-forth with the school and the bank trying to get all the information you need to make a wire payment
- Quick - no more waiting and wondering if your payment has posted to your account. Flywire will keep you and the U-M informed along the way.
How it works:
The information below includes a summary and instructions.
- To get started, go to the University of Michigan/Flywire payment page and select the country from which funds will be coming.
Enter your student account payment amount in U.S. dollars. Please note: The minimum payment amount through Flywire is $50.00.
In most cases, the US dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates. This should translate into savings for you.
- After providing some additional basic information (including your name, UMID, email address, etc.), you will receive detailed instructions from Flywire on how to submit your payment to them from your home country bank account.
- Once you have submitted your payment to Flywire, they will then forward the US dollar amount to the University of Michigan where it will be directly credited to your student account.
- Whenever you are on the Flywire website you will have a dedicated customer service team reachable via chat, phone, etc. to answer any of your questions regarding your international wire payment.
- Please note: International payments should not exceed your cost of attendance for each term. Please see the Cost of Attendance published by the U-M Office of Financial Aid to determine the maximum amount that may be wired to the U-M each term on your behalf. Any international transfer funds received for the same term in excess of this amount may be returned to the originating bank account. A service fee for the return will be charged by Flywire and will be deducted from the amount of the payment being returned.
If you have questions about making an international payment, please visit Flywire’s website for assistance.